Sunday, August 10, 2014

When the two become O N E

Before I ever stepped foot on a mat, I almost exclusively operated from a place of non-presence.  What I mean by this, is my mind was either racing to assemble what I had to say or I was trapped in the past in some sort of emotion or memory.  I first read Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth in 2008 and absorbed as much as my mind was able to at that time.  He speaks about the power of NOW and how this moment is all we have.  True joy and authentic relationship can only occur in this very moment, where the slate is clean.  I desired this but without a practice, I was unable to grasp fully how this concept could become my reality.

For creative types, using the right-brain regularly will tap into pure presence and allow you to become fully engrossed in the beauty, space and peace that is already there.

Yesterday when I read Jesus' quote in the Gospel of Thomas, "When the two become ONE" I was initially a bit confused and decided to sleep on it.  On my mat this morning I found myself resisting the physicality, initially because of a rough night's sleep and overall muscle soreness.  But as I began to move with breath, I dedicated my practice like a prayer to my brother Jesus and I envisioned his loving gaze.

About thirty minutes in, I was in a deep forward fold, hugging my legs close when I began to think "My top half is one with my bottom half. They are no longer separate but whole" and then as I moved   with breath the concept went a bit further: "When the lower chakras of the body are joined with the upper, then the two become one".  I realized that this kind of "thinking" wasn't normal mind chatter or problem solving--this was heart wisdom coming through.

I kept smiling a deep, knowing smile that emanated from my heart when ultimately, the message deepened:  When Heaven and Earth are O N E.  The mystics and sages taught that ALL of life is Divine-- the light overcomes the dark but the stars would not be shining brightly if not for the dark of night.  Think of all the times you've had to learn from loss and pain.  You wouldn't wish those on anyone and yet you might feel deep down that the depth of beauty and love experienced where you are now would be incomplete if not for those trials.

I believe that God wants to transform all of our unresolved pain.  That is the message of the cross: surrender our worst fears and lies we tell ourselves of not being good enough and find that God will use these as raw material for  the treasure he wants to place in our hearts and lives.  My yoga and meditation practices have given me the tools to find the space to shed the tears and release the pent up emotions. When the two limbs of the cross become one: where they become one--  at the                    C E N T E R, our C E N T E R.  The heart chakra.

I use my body to pray and thus embody my faith in the Light placed within each of us.  This is one of the many reasons why I choose to share this gift that has set the Spirit of my childhood free. I trust  that Life is meant to be lived NOW, fully and entirely with wide open hearts rich with mercy and grace.  I fondly recall another inspired message from above,
"Even here. Especially here!  We are called to release Heaven on earth by acting authentically in a way that our soul feels nourished and satisfied".

I encourage you to only take what resonates and then spend time in stillness listening to your own heart's messaging to chart the path that was drawn for you alone. And above all else, find more ways that make your soul feel nourished and satisfied.
Namaste' friends

No comments:

Post a Comment